Project: Edenvale Drainage
Location: Henry Street, Pinjarra
Client / Asset Owner: Shire of Murray
Consultant / Specifier: Shire of Murray
Contractor: Shire of Murray
Product/s: DN600mm Stormwater Mini Pit™️
Polyethylene materials are well recognised for their strength and durability and are used in sewer, leachate and stormwater drainage systems due to their superior inherent structural characteristics, which significantly extend asset life whilst reducing carbon footprint compared to the traditional alternatives.
The 600 PE Mini Pit™ Maintenance Chamber (MC) is an Australian owned, designed, and manufactured solution, available across Australia from Smartstream Technology.
Four Mini Pits™ with 300mm Solvent Weld Joints (SWJ) were supplied to site complete, fully welded. The pits were supplied with the required angles and grades as specified by the Shire of Murray’s engineering team. Resistant to corrosion from internal hydrogen sulfide gas attack in sewer applications and aggressive external Acid Sulfate Soil conditions and easy to install, the Smartstream Technology system provides authorities with reduced risk of future leaks over traditional structures and reduced installation and whole of life infrastructure costs.
AUSTRALIAN OWNED & INNOVATED:
We are a wholly owned and operated, Australian family company and innovators in civil engineering infrastructure solutions using roto moulding and plastic injection technology, minimising concrete use, to produce a highly developed range of stormwater and wastewater products. We know the industry, we’ve been in it since 1984. We understand the challenges. We are dedicated to researching and investigating new processes and materials – once the industry’s alternative, our products are now fast becoming the product of choice.
REDUCE CARBON FOOTPRINT:
Revolutionary, easier to source and customisable, Smartstream Technology products are now being used to reduce carbon footprint and future-proof infrastructure.
The vertical riser shaft is used for access and insertion of equipment into operational units. Combining the ease of at surface inspection, monitoring and maintenance together with its key characteristics of being corrosion resistant, lightweight and cost effective. The Mini Pit™ is the ideal choice for your next maintenance chamber installation.
Standard Water Services Association of Australia WSA137 – Maintenance Shafts and Maintenance Chambers Quality
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Eliminates infiltration and inflow at the pit
- The most versatile product of it’s type due to it’s inherent material characteristics
- Multiple connections possible in base and/or riser
- Corrosion and impact resistant polyethylene
- Superior hydraulic performance and safety
- Faster installation
- Reduced transport and handling costs
- No leaking manholes. 100% watertight (pressure or vacuum tested in factory)
- Accommodates inlets at any angle and grade
- Custom fabrication to specific requirements
- No horizontal/vertical alignment adjusting bends required
- No concrete encasement required
- No on site welding or spark testing Can also be used as a Terminal Pit
- Compatible with all pipe materials, including PVC, PE, Polypropylene, Steel and Clay
- Suitable for all pipe connecting methods
- Stronger, more durable resists hyrdogen sulphide attack internally/acid sulphate soil attack externally
- As proven over 20 plus years successful operational performance with same 360 degree hemispherical design as the Poo Pit™
Proven installation and operational efficiencies providing cost and environmental benefits Easy retrofitting into existing lines (Avoids potential clash with other services) Earlier access and reopening off road/footpath closures Accommodates easy insitu connection of new line.