The self supporting PE Maintenance Shaft Cover has been developed to provide a lightweight frame and lid assembly.
Independent load testing has resulted in a ‘Class C’ (medium duty) classification, with the cover withstanding the ultimate limit state design load of 150Kn, equivalent to a 15 ton load.
- The lid weighs only 6kg, resulting in reduced lifting injury for frequent users and installers
- A friction lock system and the lid depth ensure that the cover will stay in place
- The specifically designed key attachment restricts unauthorised access
- Moulded in-base anchor spikes prevent the unit from slipping in service
- Moulded in-grip /non-slip lid
- Impact, chemical, UV and abraision resistance
- Rust free
- Available in various standard colours upon request for specific applications