SHALLOW PIT INSTALLATION SHAFT
The Smartstream Poo Pit ‘Shallow installation shaft’ is an Australian designed and developed maintenance shaft for use in sewer, stormwater or subsoil drainage. Our Smartstream range of sewer maintenance shafts are produced to optimally suit all; PVC, PE, polypropylene and/or clay pipelines.
The Smartstream Poo Pit™ maintenance shaft achieves any angle between 45 and 315 degrees on 150mm pipelines and between 65 and 295 degr on 225mm pipelines. Larger pipe sizes 300mm and 375mm also available.
Grade and invert drops can be achieved without the need for additional fittings such as deflection and kicker bends.
The Smartstream Poo Pit maintenance shaft can be supplied with up to 3 inlets and also used as a terminal maintenance shaft. Each Poo Pit™ is 100% watertight, with all products individually tested before delivery to site.
INTRODUCING BRAND NEW ”INSPECTION MONITORING & MAINTENANCE EQUIPMENT”
Our Poo Pit maintenance shaft offers many unique solutions to regulating authorities, utility providers, engineering designers, specifiers, civil contractors and plumbers. Equally important in it’s development has been the attention to detail for facilitating easy, at surface inspection, monitoring and maintenance of the Poo Pit maintenance shaft’s upstream and downstream pipes.
The Poo Pit maintenance shaft eliminates the need for confined space entry (CSE). Confined space entry is extremely hazardous and is considered high risk activity in occupational health and safety regulations in Australia. The Poo Pit maintenance shaft enables all inspection, monitoring and maintenance to be undertaken safely from the surface using CCTV cameras, jet rodding equipment and other various other simple tools.
The primary items of equipment which have been designed specifically to allow efficient inspection, monitoring and maintenance of the Smartstream Poo Pit are;
- Plug Insertion Tool
- Upstream Bar
- Downstream Bar
- Compressor Gauge
- Tiger Tail
- Mini Camera
- Universal Pole
The vertical riser shaft is used for access and insertion of equipment into operational units. Combining the ease of at surface inspection monitoring and maintenance together with it’s key characteristics of being corrosion resistant, lightweight, and cost effective. The Poo Pit maintenance shaft is the ideal choice for your next project. Additionally you can check out our full range of products here
- Certified to WSA 137 – 2013
- Water Services of Australia (WSAA) appraised
- In excess of 50,000 products in service
- Accommodates any grade and angle
- No horizontal/vertical alignment adjusting bends needed
- Available with 225, 300 or 600mm riser
- Up to 3 inlets possible in each Poo Pit™
- Accommodates pipes of all material types
- Suitable for welded connection to Polyethylene pipes
- Made to suit either solvent weld or rubber ring PVC
- Multiple pipe material connections possible on the same pit
- All fittings prefabricated prior to delivery
- Tested to depths of 7.5m, see local authority for approved depth
- Half Pit available for shallow installations
- 100% watertight. Every product tested
- Lightweight and user friendly
- Corrosion resistant (internal / external)
- Reduced transport and handling costs
- Rapid delivery over traditional materials
- Improved efficiencies providing cost benefits to the end user
- UV resistant, state of the art Polyethylene technology
- No concrete encasement required
- Eliminates confined space entry
- Accommodates traditional and the latest inspection methods
- No variation to design or installation practices required
- Easy connection of new lines
- Reduced excavation size
- No onsite welding or spark testing required
If you would like to get in touch with us to arrange a quote or place a sales order on our shallow pit installation shaft or one of our other maintenance shafts, please submit your details through our contact form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download a copy of our current Smartstream Technology Poo Pit Brochure featuring our maintenance shafts and full product range